Sunday 10 October 2010

Book Review - Relatively Famous






Author : Jessica Park


Paperback : 284 pages
ISBN : 1453645640
(ISBN 13 : 9781453645642)
My Rating : ★★★★☆











Book Description : Meet Dani McKinley : A Typical teen whose world is rocked when she finds out that her father is famous Hollywood Action star. Now meet Mark Ocean : A self-serving actor with a floundering career who sees that a daughter is just what he needs to reinvent himself as a family man and get back on track. When the two decide to spend the summer together, they must not only wrangle their own love lives, but try to figure out who they really are to themselves and to each other. (from Goodreads)


My Thoughts : I was pleasantly surprised how much I like this  book. 
It started out as shallow, obnoxious characters and tragically filled with too much "Hollywood" for my taste. But it turned out to be much more than that of course.
It talks about change, friendship, forgiveness, and most of all growing up. 

I couldn't help but wonder how the author was going to play out the scene. I guess I 'm just one of those people who hates tabloids on the outside and secretly loves to sneak on celebrities on the inside??? (Gosh, I hope not ! LoL)

Although the background was Hollywood, I could see that it had huge character potentials. I thought it could've been longer, be more intuitive with characters or more descriptive on small details. The book itself reads like a movie script too, which was interesting. 

But overall, it truly was a relaxing and easy read.
And I look forward to her next book ! 




Related Posts with Thumbnails