Monday 18 October 2010

Book Review - The Body Finder






Author : Kimberly Derting
Series : The Body Finder, #1


Hardcover : 336 pages
ISBN : 00661779814
(ISBN 13 : 9780061779817)
My Rating : ★★★★★










Book Description : Violet strained to see into the lake below. Multihued light seemed to be radiating up from beneath the water, centered among the reeds, and then diffusing outward as it reached the surface. Violet had never seen anything like it, and she knew that the spectrum of light was defying its very nature by behaving in that way.

t could be only one thing.
There was something dead down there. (from Harcover edition)




My Thoughts : This book, as expected, was very good. 
It's more like a thriller genre with a hint of a teenage romance.
Although, I have a feeling that this so called "romance" is so much more than a fling between a two love struck teenage kids looking for a first time experiences.


I have learned to LOVE the going back and forth with two POV writings. 
It's just that much more exciting and easier to know not just one side of the story but the whole one. In this book, it's even more exciting because the other person is the evil character !
There isn't much of him, to be honest, it could've brought the story way down but still I would've like to have read more about him.

Which reminds me, I was having a hard time coping with Violet's (female character) one way narration. It wasn't that she was nagging, snobby or girly in any way but just difficult to read only her side of the story since it was an intense one. But there were times where I was shocked, amused and even laughed by myself.

I would've been content if the story ended here, just like this.
But apparently the second book is coming out next year and I'm not complaining. 


Related Posts with Thumbnails