Friday 3 September 2010

Book Review - Deadly Little Secret






 

Author : Laurie Faria Stolarz
Series : Touch, #1


Hardcover : 252 pages
ISBN : 1423111443
(ISBN13: 9781423111443)
My Rating : ★★★☆☆ 











Book Discription : Some secrets shouldn't be kept... 

Up until three months ago, everything in sixteen-year-old Camelia's life had been fairly ordinary: decent grades; an okay relationship with her parents; and a pretty cool part-time job at the art studio downtown. But when Ben, the mysterious new guy, starts junior year at her high school, Camelia's life becomes anything but ordinary.

Rumored to be somehow responsible for his ex-girlfriend's accidental death, Ben is immediately ostracized by everyone on campus. Except for Camelia. She's reluctant to believe the rumors, even when her friends try to convince her otherwise. She's inexplicably drawn to Ben...and to his touch. But soon, Camelia is receiving eerie phone calls and strange packages with threatening notes. Ben insists she is in danger, and that he can help--but can he be trusted? She knows he's hiding something... but he's not the only one with a secret.



My Thoughts : Unfortunately for me, I have read the second book first, 'Deadly little lies'. I am not going to lie, I chose to read this book because the cover work was so beautiful.
It only took about 12 hours to read this book. It was considerably easy and clean read. 

I was disapointed by how the plot was so easily predicted. (probably should count the fact that I read the second book first) But other than that, it was a page turner in a way the author wrote it. The plot itself it quite suspensful and characters were interesting enough but felt like they were not fully developped, too much of a mystery, I think.
Although I might not be so eager to read it, I will read the third book to put an end to the series. 
Once again, lovely cover art !


View all my reviews >>

Related Posts with Thumbnails