Tuesday 26 October 2010

Teaser Tuesday - Queen in Exile

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB ofShould Be Reading. Anyone can play along ! Just do the following :

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page but be careful not to include spoilers.
* Share the title and author of the book so that others can add it to their TBR list.




I'm so happy to introduce this book I've started reading only today !
I have quite the pile of books on my shelf right now, most of them very highly recommended, 
and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. 
But the first chapter of this book got me hooked !  
Only one other book made me feel this way this year, which was  "Incarceron."
The writing is very articulate, and enchanting. 
I''m loving every sentence of it. 
Which is why it's gosh darn hard to choose just two sentences, so I'm writing a few more. 



Queen in Exile  "Queen in Exile" by Donna Hatch


The stranger reached out with his other hand and gently brushed away a tear lingering on Jeniah's cheek. Shocked at the intimacy of his touch, and at the tingles that spiraled outward from it, she caught her breath. No man in Arden would touch her in such a manner. This man dared much. She snatched her hand back and stepped away to disguise the sudden awareness of her own vulnerability, and her elemental awareness of him as a man. 



Related Posts with Thumbnails