Saturday 23 October 2010

Book Review - Spirit Bound







Author : Richelle Mead
Series : Vampire Academy, # 5


Hardcover : 489 pages
ISBN : 1595142509
(ISBN 13 : 9781595142504)
My Rating : ★★★★☆








Book Description : Rose's life will never be her own. 
She has been outrunning death ever since the accident that forever bonded her to her best friend, Lissa - whom she's sworn to protect no matter what.
But with Dimitri stalking her, Rose can only run so far. (from Hardcover edition)




My Thoughts : Well, my thoughts on this one is hard to explain...
Although, there's still no doubt that this is one of the few favorite series I claim it has to be read, this fifth installment was a bit hurried.

Maybe it's because I've grown a little too tired of "Vampires," but still the last and the sixth book is coming out this December and I though, I could wait for two months until that time comes. And to be honest, I think I can actually wait, without making myself think too much about Dimitry, Rose, and Adrian.

First of all, I'd like to say that this book still deserves all the fuss and support from medias and admirers. It took longer than I expected to read half the book but once I was there, there was no stopping me from finishing this book at 4 am.

Okay, so we all knew that Dimitry had to somehow re-become a dhampir.
I mean there is no way that the author has gone through all this if it wouldn't occur.
What I had not expected was the time when it was going to happen.
I thought that this, Dimitry's transformation and salvation was going to be the finale on the last book. But no, it happened so fast and sudden it didn't even feel like it was a big deal.
And the part where Lissa learns to stake a strigoi was pretty awesome which is why I'd like to have read about it more.
All this happened within a few chapters and I thought it progressed in a super speed.
Dimitry's behavior, while understandable, was disturbing for me.
Clearly I am not happy about this.

But all in all, I am more than intrigued with what the story the sixth and the last book of the Vampire Academy series will bring. Aren't you ?? 




Related Posts with Thumbnails