Sunday 19 September 2010

Movie Review - Princess and the Frog


Director : Ron Clemens, John Musker
Release Date : Decembre, 2009

Cast (Voice, English Version) :
Anika Noni Rose as Tiana
Bruno Campos as Prince Naveen
Keith David as Dr. Facilier
Michael-Leon Wooley as Louis
Jim Cummings as Ray
Jennifer Cody as Charlotte LaBouff
Runtime : 97 mins
My Rating : 7/10

Plot : A modern day retelling of the classic story The Frog Prince. The Princess and the Frog finds the lives of arrogant, carefree prince Naveen and hardworking waitress Tiana crossing paths. Prince Naveen is transformed into a frog by a conniving voodoo magician and Tiana, following suit, upon kissing the amphibian royalty. With a help of a trumpet-playing aligator, a Cajun firefly and an old blind lady who lives in a boat in a tree. Naveen and Tiana must race back to brake the spell and fulfill their dreams. (by Massie Twins)


My Thoughts : Although I did not watch this in theatres, I was eagerly waiting for the DVD release. I've been so caugh on books lately that I neglected to watch some of the moview I already bought ! And sicne I am on vacation, I figured I'd watch something light and cute.

I never was a big fan of the classic fairy tale "The Frog Prince".
You see, I was a little afraid of amphibians as a child, and the thought of kissing a "frog", freaked me out a lot ! And a talking frog at that !
But I must say that I enjoyed this movie emmensely. I particularily loved their voices !
I love it when a retelling of a story is done right.

There's one thing that bothered me, and it was the vilian.
I mean, I felt a little weird (like a chill down my spine) watching some of the voodoo chantments, especially in the end.
It's extravagant colours, flashes masks and music made me a little uneasy.
Wouldn't children feel this too?  Won't they get nightmares?
But other then that, this adds up to one of my favorite disney movies, for sure. *^^*







Related Posts with Thumbnails